At HPP, we adhere to four primary Financial Planning Principles that lay the foundation for our planning process. By starting with these core pillars, we create a comprehensive approach to planning that encompasses your entire financial wellbeing.
Review and update your financial plan annually. Build a partnership with a team of experts across specialties (tax, estate planning, insurance, etc.)
- Budgeting and Debt Management – paying yourself first
- Maintaining adequate emergency reserves
- Target Saving 20-25% of gross income across varying time horizons and strategies
- Life Insurance and Disability Income Planning – protect your future earnings and economic value
- Health, Home, Auto, Umbrella Insurance – review coverage to protect personal assets and net worth
- Estate Planning (Wills, Beneficiary Designations, and Trusts) -protecting and transferring wealth
- Financial Goal Funding – making every dollar work
- Creating an Investment Policy Statement
- Asset Allocation designed to drive long-term performance1
- Diversification across various asset classes can help reduce portfolio risk2
- Rebalancing Strategy to systematically buy low & sell high
- Tax Management – tax loss harvesting, asset location, conversion strategy
Retirement Income & Distribution
- Optimize your assets to create predictable & tax-efficient income
- Long Term Care Planning – help protect balance sheet from healthcare/long-term care costs
- Longevity Risk – guaranteed income streams can help avoid outliving your assets
- Legacy planning – multi-generational wealth transfer planning
1PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS.
2NO INVESTMENT STRATEGY CAN GUARANTEE A PROFIT OR PROTECT AGAINST A LOSS.